Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).The most recent Coronavirus disease is COVID-19.
Common signs of infection signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death(WHO).
Explain COVID-19 to your little one
Use this fun and illustrative tool by MANUELA MOLINA – @MINDHEART.KIDS to help kids understand COVID-19 in their own way.
We can all do our part in containing the virus by following these basic rules:
– Wash your hands regularly with soap or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a flexed elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.