If you notice any of the following symptoms, you may be experiencing bruxism.
Signs & Symptoms
- Rhythmic contractions of the jaw muscles
- A grinding sound at night, which may disturb the sleep of someone who you share a room with
- Jaw muscles that are tight or painful
- Popping or clicking of the tmg joint
- Long-lasting pain in the face
- Damaged teeth, broken dental fillings and injured gums
- Swelling (occasionally) on the side of your lower jaw caused by clenching
Talk to your dentist to get the best advice about taking care of your smile.
After an initial assessment, we offer solutions for all your dental problems. We can do (almost) anything!